Northern District Community Health is your first port of call in the pursuit of good health.
We are found on Facebook and Instagram.
There are a number of local services available right on our doorstep.
Check them all out below
Use the tabs on the right hand side to see more information and websites about health and well-being
Northern District Community Health
Northern District Community Health Website or phone 03 5451 0200
First port of call in the pursuit of good health.
We provide many youth and other health services including;
- Youth Support – counselling and support programs for young people in individual or group sessions.
- Youth Outreach Alcohol & Drug Program – support to young people and their families affected by drugs. Deliver health information sessions in response to school(s) and community needs.
- Health Promotion: Deliver health programs to young people around mental health, bullying and inclusion,
- Nurse Practitioner: Nurses provide education, support and services to do with all young women’s health issues such as contraceptive advice, young women’s health, breast health, pap smears and prescriptions.
- Specialist Homelessness Service: for individuals experiencing accommodation issues or who are homeless.
- Mental health Carer Support: short term assistance and support to carers of people with mental illness, includes; emotional support, information and resources, respite options, advocacy and referral.
- Dietician – provides dietary/nutritional information and support on health issues, including eating disorders.
- FReeZA: NDCH deliver FReeZA in the Gannawarra Shire as a youth program. Enjoy cultural, recreational and artistic events that are drug, alcohol and smoke-free in safe venues. If you are looking to get involved in organising events, are a musician or artist looking for performance opportunities FReeZA is the place to start. Contact the Youth Engagement Worker at NDCH or visit here.
If it’s an emergency please call 000
Kerang District Health (Hospital) or phone 03 5450 9200
All emergency health responses and now include pathology, radiology and specialist consulting services.
Cohuna District Hospital or phone 03 5456 5300
GP services; including obstetrics, acute care, maternity, surgical, haemodialysis, planned activity groups and X-ray.
Swan Hill District Health (Hospital) or phone 03 5033 9300
All emergency health responses and health related programs and services such as; dietetics, youth services, women’s health and counselling services.
Mallee Family Care : or phone 03 5032 4479.
Support for young people and their families.
Connecting young people with other people and services which will help them move on from the experience of homelessness.
Headspace Swan Hill or phone 03 4010 7100
Offers general health need and other health support, specifically GP, education & employment, mental health and alcohol and other drugs services.
Young people services include; a healthy headspace, mental health, physical health, work and study, alcohol and drugs, real stories (real young people just like you) and VICEhub.
Life Line Central Victoria & Mallee or phone 13 11 14
Supports Australians through times of personal crisis – crises that can include suicidal thoughts, relationship problems, gambling addiction, depression, stress and loneliness.
Mallee Sports Assembly (MSA) support and conduct programs that increases participation in physical activity, promote healthy eating and drinking of water (instead of sweet, sugary based drinks), conduct workshops to support and assist sporting clubs.
Ph: 0427 780109
We acknowledge the traditional owners of the lands which the Gannawarra Shire ‘MyWarra’ website is based on the Barrapa-Barrapa, Yorta-Yorta, Wemba-Wemba and the Dja-dja Wurrung. We pay our respects to their Elders, past, present and emerging, and Aboriginal Elders of other communities who may be reading this website today.