Check out our favourite things to do around the Gannawarra Shire!
- Celebrate Australia Day with friends by entering the Koondrook Barham Lilo Race on the Murray River.
- Grab your mates, pack a BBQ and go waterskiing at Lake Charm, Kangaroo Lake or Cohuna Ski Run.
- Hire a canoe or stand up paddle board from Cohuna Adventures. They will even drop off and pick up canoes for you! We recommend checking out the Canoe Trail in Koondrook.
- Enter the Koondrook Barham Fishing competition in February
- Grab some friends and have a mud fight along the river at Sand Bar Bend in the Gunbower State Forest
- Looking for a summer job? Become a local lifeguard
- Spend the weekend by Lake Charm checking out the Victorian Ski Races
- Grab your friends, dress up and head to the Kerang Boxing Day races
- Try something different and head along to SUP Yoga in Cohuna
- Cool off in the hot sun at the Kerang Pool
- Wander the streets of Cohuna and Kerang and find paste ups created by local artists
- Submit your artwork or sign up for a workshop at the Youth Arts Festival held in Kerang during December.
- Go dirt bike riding in the forest
- Visit Dr. Graham’s Hut, the last remaining hut on the Murray River located in the Gunbower State forest on McClure’s Bend.
- Find the white picket fence graves of Cemetery Bend just off the River track in the Gunbower State Forest
- Enter the Cohuna Bridge 2 Bridge on the first weekend of March. You can run, bike ride, swim or canoe.
- Try a Chicken Parma from the local pubs and cafes.
- Check out the scooter up the pole on McMillans Road, Cohuna
- Go on a nature walk through the breathtakingly beautiful Gunbower Island walking tracks near Koondrook, stroll past the Eagle tree and Canoe Trail
- Take a trip to Boort and visit the amazing Spanner Man. Displayed in the country garden are over 25 unique life size and larger than life sculptures made out of spanners.
- Take a trip through the Shire and head to Mount Hope to climb Suicide Rock. On the way home stop by Lions Park at Kow Swamp and enjoy a BBQ with friends.
- The old water tower on the highway near the Sir John Gorton Library is open to the public. Climb up the internal stairs and look out to 360 degree views of the Kerang Township.
- Discover your family history at the Kerang Library
- Join your local Football Netball Club!
- On a cold winters day take some time and visit the Kerang Museum or Cohuna Historical Society
- Rent a DVD from the Kerang Library on a rainy day
- Over Queens Birthday long weekend grab your mates or family and go camping in the Gunbower State Forest.
- Enjoy a hot chocolate at Factory & Field, a unique coffee house and gift shop set within the old Cohuna butter factory.
- The Cohuna Photography group meets once a month – check out their Facebook page
- Walk/ride around the ‘Back Swamp’ in Kerang which is part track and part levee bank next to the river. It has beautiful native fauna and flora.
- Take a ride on The Wetlander (a fully catered and air-conditioned, twin hulled tourist boat) on Gunbower Creek near Koondrook, or get a group of friends together and book the Egret via Cohuna Nature Cruises which has onboard BBQ facilities.
- Go to the farmers market in Koondrook/Barham held the third Sunday of each month.
- Enter the Cohuna parkrun for free!
- Workout at an outdoor gym in the Cohuna Apex Park, Kerang Atkinson Park or Koondrook Apex Park.
- Go to the Big Cohuna Festival, Melbourne Cup Long Weekend
- Watch a movie under the stars at the Quambatook Silo Cinema. BYO chair & blanket
Submit your favourite things to do around the Gannawarra Shire here!