Check out our favourite things to do around the Gannawarra Shire! Click the links to find out more.
- Celebrate Australia Day with friends by entering the Koondrook Barham Lilo Race on the Murray River.
- Grab your mates, pack a BBQ and go water skiing at Lake Charm, Kangaroo Lake or Cohuna Ski Run.
- Hire a canoe or stand up paddle board from Cohuna Adventures. They will even drop off and pick up canoes for you! We recommend checking out the Canoe Trail in Koondrook.
- Enter the Koondrook Barham Fishing competition in February
- Grab some friends and have a mud fight along the river at Sand Bar Bend in the Gunbower State Forest
- Looking for a summer job? Become a local lifeguard.
- Grab your friends, dress up and head to the Kerang Boxing Day races.
- Cool off in the hot sun at local pools.
- (All year round) Attend special event hosted at the Kerang Baptist Church. They are a great way to connect and talk about God, discuss personal issues and meet some lovely people.
- (All year round) Adventure outdoors and enjoy activities in and around the Gunbower State Forest including kayak and canoe guided experiences with Murray River Adventures.
- Visit the Christmas store and enjoy yummy food at Factory + Field Waffles, Cohuna.
- Go dirt bike riding in the forest
- Visit points of interest in the Gunbower State Forest including historic Graham’s Hut, the white picket fence graves of Cemetery Bend, and Wattle Creek.
- Enter the Cohuna Bridge 2 Bridge on the first weekend of March. You can run, bike ride, swim or canoe.
- Try a chicken parma from the local pubs and cafes.
- Check out Marge’s scooter up the pole on McMillans Road, Mead.
- Take a trip to Boort and visit the amazing Spanner Man. Displayed in the country garden are over 25 unique life size and larger than life sculptures made out of spanners.
- Take a trip through the Shire and head to Mount Hope to climb Suicide Rock. On the way home stop by Lions Park at Kow Swamp and enjoy a BBQ with friends.
- Climb the old water tower and look out to 360 degree views of the Kerang township or discover your family history at the Sir John Gorton Library.
- Join your local Football Netball Club!
- On a cold winters day take some time and visit the Kerang Museum or Cohuna Historical Society
- Borrow a DVD or book from the library in Cohuna, Kerang, Leitchville or Quambatook on a rainy day.
- Over Queens Birthday long weekend grab your mates or family and go camping in the Gunbower State Forest.
- Enjoy a hot chocolate and scrummy waffles at Factory & Field Waffles, a unique cafe in Cohuna.
- (All year round) The Cohuna Photography Group meets once a month.
- (All year round) Walk/ride around the ‘Back Swamp’ in Kerang which is part track and part levee bank next to the river. It has beautiful native fauna and flora.
- Take a ride on The Wetlander (a fully catered and air-conditioned, twin hulled tourist boat) on Gunbower Creek, near Koondrook, or get a group of friends together and book the ‘Egret’ via Cohuna Nature Cruises which has on-board BBQ facilities.
- (All year round) Enter the Cohuna parkrun for free! Walk, jog or run the course.
- Workout at an outdoor gym in the Cohuna Apex Park, Kerang Atkinson Park or Koondrook Apex Park.
- Go to The Big Cohuna Festival, Melbourne Cup long weekend
- Watch a movie under the stars at the Quambatook Silo Cinema. BYO chair, picnic and blanket.
Submit your favourite things to do around the Gannawarra Shire here!